Are you a Business?
- Would you like to innovate your business to make it more competitive?
- Would you like to start your business’s digital transformation process?
- What are the opportunities available to finance your research and development projects?
- Do you want to become part of the Friuli Innovazione Community?
One of the most significant sectors of the manufacturing industry in Friuli Venezia Giulia is wood and furniture, which accounts for 27.8% of the local units. Friuli Venezia Giulia, and in particular the province of Udine, identify themselves as a production center typical of wood and furniture. Friuli is the third region in Italy, after Veneto and Lombardy, due to the importance of the wood and furniture industries. Just in the province of Udine is present the entire production chain, from the woodland use in Alto Friuli (Carnia and Val Canale and Canal del Ferro) to the first and second processing.
In recent years, the wood and furniture sector has suffered from the difficult situation characterized by a prolonged phase of stagnation / static that, as far as our country is concerned, does not seem outdated. Innovation and research are the factors on which the sector must aim to identify new conditions of stability and growth.
The aim of the initiative is to develop applied / strategic research projects with potential medium and long-term effects in the wood sector. In particular, we want to develop issues in the environmental and safety sector that represent one of the critical elements in the development of processes in the wood sector.
- Friuli Innovazione
- Università degli Studi di Udine, Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Chimiche.
In cooperation with:
- Dipartimento di Energetica e Macchine dell’ Università degli Studi di Udine
- Dipartimento di Patologia e Medicina Sperimentale e Clinica dell’Università di Udine
- Centro Studi e Ricerche S.P.R.I.N.T. dell’Università degli Studi di Udine
- Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche dell’Università degli Studi di Trieste