Are you a Business?
- Would you like to innovate your business to make it more competitive?
- Would you like to start your business’s digital transformation process?
- What are the opportunities available to finance your research and development projects?
- Do you want to become part of the Friuli Innovazione Community?
It has now been shown that there are important correlations between the onset of a disease, its course, response to therapy, and the patient's genetic-molecular pattern. The multiple molecular measurements of a sample (blood, tissue, etc.) and clinical information can be integrated into computational models with the aim of detecting early indicators of a problem and of customizing the therapy.
The research and clinical practice are orientating, therefore, towards the integration of clinical data with the "omics" molecular medicine (genomics, proteomics, metabolomics, etc.) which is the current and future challenge for the realization of medicine customized.
The main objective of the project is to develop an integrated "intelligent" system to collect, process and make available to researchers and health professionals the clinical and molecular data of patients suffering from cardiology, cancer and neurodegenerative diseases.
Within the project will be developed three pilot trials, specific for the diseases mentioned, to improve the understanding of the patient's genetic characteristics and responses to personalized treatment; clinical trials of new diagnostic systems will be proposed; innovative technological platforms for sequencing and molecular medicine will be used, in order to favor the introduction of molecular-medical practice in ordinary clinical practice.
- Insiel Mercato Spa
- IGA Technology Services
- Nuvon Italia Srl
- Fondazione Italiana Fegato Onlus
- SISSA - Scuola Internazionale Superiore di Studi Avanzati
- Università degli Studi di Udine
- Friuli Innovazione Centro di Ricerca e Trasferimento Tecnologico
- Istituto di Genomica Applicata
- Azienda Ospedaliero - Universitaria “Ospedali Riuniti” Trieste